Church Details

Parish Priest : Fr. Nelson Barla

Established on: 1973/05/19

Patron : Our Lady of Lourdes

Phone No. :

Email : anandlakra@gmail.com

Address : P.O. Namkum, Dt. Ranchi-834 010, Jharkhand

Deanery : RANCHI DEANERY

From 25 Jan.1950 till June 1952 Fr. H. De Meester came regularly to say Mass in a House called ‘Morning Site’ in Samlong. In June 1952 Fr. G. Meeus, S.J. was appointed parish priest of the new parish with 2500 Catholics, stretching as far as Jobla, 35miles in the east.

                                                Finding ‘Morning Site’ in too remote a corner Fr. Meeus shifrted the presbytery and the primary school. He established on a firm basis both the Catholic Sabha and the Mahila Sangh. Moreover, as diocesan Praomoter of the Sodalities he set an example by direction a Sodality Group in his own parish. The magnificent grotto built at the hands of Samlong Sodalities gives ample proof of it.

                                                On 4th June 1962 Fr. C. Durt took over. He directed his attention to the establishment of a solid youth group. The custom of sports for children on Christian’s day dates from this time. He felt the acute ned of building a Church, as the existing one proved too small. On 19th Jan. 1965 the first stone of the bungalow-cum Church was laid. A unit of St. Vincent de Paul Society also was first started here in 1967.

                                                The Assisi Brothers of Bombay came in 1968 and for some years looked after Nirmala Middle School. Then they started their own Assisi School. A High School for girls was started in the presbytery hall in 1968. The following year the Apostolic Carmel Sisters took it over. Fr. H. De Jonghe completed the Church and it was blessed on May 19,1973.